Welcome to the Multicultural
A fortnightly newsletter about culture & identity from Vienna, the heart of Europe.
The Multicultural is a fortnightly newsletter about culture & identity through the unique perspective of a Mexican-Slovenian American living in Vienna, Austria. Here is where I share my thoughts, ideas, and general musings about what it means to be a multicultural living in the heart of Europe.
I talk about adapting and adjusting to life in a foreign town, the unparalleled pleasures it can bring, and the unexpected challenges.
What you can expect from The Multicultural Newsletter
- Expect a multicultural Smörgåsbord of stories about people, cooking, traveling, language dilemmas, and more.
- Join me as I speak to locals whose families have been long-established in Vienna.
- Learn from multicultural citizens who embody what it is to be simultaneously Viennese and European, Turkish, Jewish, Asian, African, or Latino.
- Meet newly arrived immigrants searching for stability in the heart of Europe.
- Converse with ex-pats readjusting to a new country rated as having one of the highest standards of living globally.
Come explore with me!
Near or far, real or virtual travel is an adventure, a personal quest of sorts. It forces you to question your reality and rewards you with an expanded vision.
Join the Multicultural and learn to see through different eyes, feel with a new heart, and walk to a foreign beat.
You won’t have to worry about missing anything. Every new edition of the newsletter goes directly to your inbox.